- Funding: ECHO - Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid (European Commission)
- partners: State Secretary for Social Affairs and Sahrawi Protection Agency for the security component
This new program is a continuation and the completion of the activities implemented by TGH since 2015 in the areas of health, humanitarian logistics and security, thanks to successive funding from the European Commission. It meets the priority humanitarian needs of the most vulnerable Sahrawi refugees through three main strands of activities:
- The equipping of the mechanical workshop in Rabouni, which ensures the maintenance and repair of the major part of the fleet of vehicles distributing humanitarian aid to refugees. The training required for the proper running of the workshop will be provided to the technical staff, and the construction of a protection wall to ensure the safety of the workshop equipment will complement the works undertaken.
- The continued provision of assistance to people with disabilities, through a therapeutic follow-up at home: personalized care for people with motor and/ or mental disabilities, and strengthening of the management capacities of Ministry managers (first training session in February 2016, based on the assessment carried out in March 2015).
- The adjustment of the human component, in order to ensure the safety of aid workers (NGOs and UN) - based on the first and only year of security management by ASP – in order to provide a safe environment for the activities implemented in the Sahrawi camps.