Position: Head of Finance, HR, Administration Department
Location: Khartoum with regular field trips to Darfur as security permits
Duration: 9 months – starting from October 2022, renewable
Conditions: Salaried contract, gross monthly salary from €2,300 to €2,800 according to experience, monthly per diem €600, medical coverage of 100% + repatriation insurance + provident fund, accommodation, international and local transportation as part of the mission, break every 3 months. Non family duty station.
More information on www.trianglegh.org, under "JOBS".
Presentation of TGH
"Actor in a sustainable and shared solidarity"
Founded in 1994, TGH is a French international solidarity organization based in Lyon. The association designs and implements emergency, rehabilitation and development programs in the following sectors: water, hygiene and sanitation, civil engineering, food security and rural development, socio-educational and psychosocial. TGH is currently operating in 10 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
TGH is present in Sudan since September 2003, and opened its first project for the victims of the Darfur crisis in one of the IDPs camp in West Darfur (Riyad camp of Geneina) in June 2004. TGH has since extended its activities in West Darfur and Central Darfur, implementing its projects through operational bases (Geneina in West Darfur; Um Dukhun, Golo and Geneina in Central Darfur). In addition, in 2020 TGH opened a new base in South Kordofan (Al Abassiya). All projects are coordinated from the Khartoum main office. TGH works in the fields of water and sanitation, hygiene promotion, NFIs/Shelters, education, food security and livelihood and would like to develop his integrated protection (child protection) component.
As a targeted nexus country, TGH’s strategy in Sudan consists of ensuring continued responses to humanitarian emergencies as they arise (flooding, conflict); but also to shift and expand development-oriented programming. Key program areas for further development are TGH’s FSL programs, along with Education and Child Protection; while maintaining TGH’s presence as a WASH sector leader.
Ongoing operations include:
- The strengthening of food security and livelihood, through distribution of agricultural inputs, promotion of farming best practices, sustainable natural resources management, development of income generating activities and community peacebuilding
- Construction and rehabilitation of water supply systems and sanitation services, hygiene promotion and capacity building of community based committees and local authorities in WASH services sustainable management
- Emergency assistance to people affected by population displacement and natural disasters (provision of Non Food Items- NFI, safe water facilities, emergency sanitation and hygiene promotion for disease control, provision of dignity kits for women and girls)
- Supporting the improvement of the education environment through local educational actors capacity-building, distribution of small equipment and educational material, rehabilitation of education facilities
- Peacebuilding with a focus on youth
TGH is currently funded in Sudan by a set of different donors: ECHO, IOM (RRF), UNHCR, SHF, CDCs and CIAA.
Under direct supervision of the Country Director and in collaboration with the HQ finance department and the Logistics Coordinator, the Head of Finance-HR and Administration Department directly manages the Finance Coordinator, who in turn manages the finance and admin teams and supervises the related work of the Darfur deputy bases managers.
They also support the HR Coordinator, being the functional link between the mission and HQ. He/she also works in close collaboration with the Heads of Programs and Project Managers.
Among the different fields covered by this position, the part dedicated to Finance is more significant. His/her main responsibilities include:
- Ensure the funds are used properly, in accordance with the internal and donors procedures
- Manage and follow up the budgets
- Coordinate and finalize the formulation of new budgets
- Update the allocation board in accordance with TGH and donors rules
- Support HQ finance team in the preparation of all financial reports
- Follow up the funding contracts and the payments schedule
- Supervise the cash management
- Centralize and check the accountancy
- Verify and manage cash supply requests to HQ
- Manage the cash flow between bases and Coordination office in Khartoum
- Provide the Country Director, operational teams and HQ with financial tools
- Prepare and manage potential audits on Khartoum and field level
- Prepare and manage all financial part on Technical Agreement and Specific Agreement in Sudan
- Supervise partner financial management
- Supervise the monthly HR information, salary payment and follow up of all work contracts
- Make sure TGH complies with applicable Sudan legislation
- Make sure the financial procedures are understood and well implemented by all
- Support the Country Director to maintain good relations with local authorities and stakeholders
- Support the Country Director with HR responsibilities, providing functional line management to the HR Coordinator
- Ensure efficient archiving of all administrative and financial documents
- Brief each new expatriate and national staff on arrival and train the employees on the internal procedures, Budget follow ups, and forecast spending
- Support the National HR Coordinator, managing tasks during their period of absence
- Functional link of HR from the mission to the HQ
- Budget holder for the HR and administrative budget
- Contribute to representing TGH to the local authorities, donors and partners
- Potentially replace the Country Director in his/her absence when and as necessary
This list of responsibilities could be modified according to the needs.
Security, working and living conditions
- Based in Khartoum, the Head of Finance-HR and, Administration will perform regular short-term missions to Darfur bases, and when needed to South Kordofan. Security situation in Darfur and South Kordofan is variable from place to place and period. Field-visits are authorized when security conditions allow it. The movements to the field-bases are ensured by United Nations Humanitarian Air Services- UNHAS.
- Current social context in Sudan, especially in Khartoum, can lead to temporary tightened security procedures (movement restrictions, etc.).
- Health risks are limited and there is little prevalence of malaria or other diseases in Khartoum. Quality medical services are available in Khartoum.
- The mission in Khartoum has a guesthouse of a significant size (3 floors), with separate office ensuring adequate separation of work and living spaces. Communication means are good (efficient internet, international phones).
- Khartoum enjoys different places for extra-professional activities: markets, swimming pools, gardens, access to cultural sites out of Khartoum. The social life is rather rich.
- There are daily flights to regional and Europe destinations (frequency diminished during COVID-19 crisis, however flights frequency is now returning) and expatriates go out of the country every 3 months for breaks.
Educational background and experiences
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Administration, HR and Finance Coordinator in an NGO
- Similar experience in the private sector is an asset
- Proven experience in accountancy and financial management
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian environment (NGOs, UN, mains donors)
- Experience of Arabic or Muslim countries and knowledge of Arabic language a distinct advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office pack, knowledge of SAGA a plus
- Good communication and writing skills in English, French is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Autonomy, rigor and sense of team working
- Pro activity, delegation skill and flexibility